This Photography workshop with 85 participants in an unknown place like Guwahati was first time thrilling experience for me. VKIC was introducing Yoga centre in AVC and the introduction to that I was called to conduct this photo workshop.
There was only 16 hours were allotted to me, not enough for such a subject yet I tried to cramp the information, no benefit to me but AVC charged some fees from every participant. These were totally interactive sessions with the participants every one has to ask question about a point I was explaining.
I asked “what is your Objective to learn photography or attained this workshop, you may have camera or going to buy one or having camera in mobile? very few could give some of their intensions but most of “others doing so do I or just to be on social media.” I found more copy cats or heard mentality.
I asked “any one knows what is ISO?” no one could give answer so while giving explanation I used a lighter example “a person reacts angrily to slightest insult we call it sensitive but some just do not bother about it could be termed as insensitive. ISO is International Standards Organisation with a specific set of number to indicate Image sensor sensitivity to light 100 to 6400. 100 is bright light but 6400 is near darkness.” What is Light theory, Color theory, digital image, Aperture, Shutter speed, Depth Of Field and many such terms and functions to explain Digital Image in a frame so the framing and image balance to create point of interest in a photo. Then Storage and publishing photos on the net, required precautions, also available variety of print media. At the last I introduced the Commerce and Economics of photography for every participant, all this in 4 hours.
In 6 hours some practicals and 6 hours discussions on some photos taken by some participants, the idea behind the photo and comments of viewers so that how to decide good or mediocre photo. There were 85 certificates presented by AVC principal and other guests.
Looking at this photo make me proud of myself that I have done this.
A first ever Photography Club at AVC was inaugurated by me on Feb 8 2016. Next…. I was called at VKV Golaghat, for me a new experience ……..














No comments:
Post a Comment